Roon audio devices all muddled up - devices listed under wrong computer

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac OS X 10.15.7 / Roon 1.7 (Build 667)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core on ethernet/powerline connection to router. Other devices either on ethernet/powerline or WiFi connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Core - Mac mini with Audiophilleo1 Mk II

Description Of Issue

All of the audio devices on Roon are mixed up. Devices on a different Mac are showing up under “This Mac”. For one Mac I am unable to get any audio devices working and tracks continually skip to the next. All was working fine before.

Have you done any troubleshooting such as rebooting everything including the network equipment?

Yes, sorry - I should have mentioned that. I have done all of the above.

Hi @nickharambee,

Did you get a new Mac device or are these all devices that were working previously? Did you use Time Machine or a similar cloning tool to copy one Mac install to another?

Hi Dylan.

No changes have been made to anything and no new Mac - all Macs were working fine a few days ago.

Nick

Hi @nickharambee,

Can you please describe the Macs impacted by this issue? What model/year are they?

Do you recall approximately when this issue started to occur?

I’ve also sent a suggestion via private message.

Hi @noris,

I followed the steps in your PM and all is working again now. Thanks for your help.

Nick

1 Like

Hi @nickharambee,

Happy to help! If you by any chance experience this issue again any set of steps that you can provide to get back into this state will help our QA team debug this further, so please do let me know if this re-occurs. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.