Roon Backups fail and Roon fails to load

Can you post a screenshot of Roon’s :gear:> Storage screen, to show what you have set up as your Watched Folders? Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @Jason_Finn,

Yes @Geoff_Coupe has asked the proper next question - based on your screenshots, it appears that you may have your backup folder mixed in with your watched folders. This has know to cause issues, and I suggest separating the two (if this is indeed the case).

Let me know if this helps! :+1:

Here’s the storage screenshot.

So, I should move the RoonBackups out of the Music Folder and into a different folder, like Media or a new folder, right?

Hey @Jason_Finn,

Correct - any folder that isn’t being scanned by Roon like your watched folders are from the screenshot above. Move it outside of \Music and let me know how things go. :slightly_smiling_face:

I moved it and all seems good so far. One question, why does the backup work outside of the Music folder, even though the music and media folders are in Diskstation folder. Both tasks, Roon access and backup, still required Roon to access the Diskstation main folder.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.