Roon based Aurilac Aries G1 end point system halting

Roon version 1.6**Core Machine build 416. same version for device.
Netwotk wired cat6 cable

Use the Aries to run Roon. I have a number of Roon end points on the network. All of them behave as expected.
However the Aries loses its Roon connection - playing music just stops! Usually accompanied by a selct a device message from Roon. No error message. When you look at the Roon settings you find the Aries is not listed any more. Reboot the Aries and it then appears on the list of devices!
My other endpoints do not have this problem - they include Bluesound and Linn devices.
My suspicion is that its an Aries device problem, but I’m posting here in case Roon and its users can offer any help.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

No network problem - other unaffected devices use the same network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Aries is connected to Dutch and Dutch 8c via AES connection

Hi @Robert_Barton,

Was this working previously or has this device always exhibited this behavior?

Can you confirm that the Aries is on the latest firmware version?

Is the Aries connected via WiFi or Ethernet?

It’s using the latest firmware 6.1
The system uses ethernet
At the first, it was OK but soon afterwards it started spasmodically, now it is quite common - several times per day. I have not been able to create a set of circumstances where I can make it happen!

I’m fairly certain the problem resides with the Aries as my other Roon endpoints do not have this problem.

Add a ticket on Auralic. They always replies quite quick

There is a query already with them! I think they are all in Munich this weekend!

I was hoping that someone on the Roon side had encountered the same problem and possibly had a resolution!

The problem is irritating rather than anything else - I just want to get to the bottom of it!
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.