Roon becoming slower?

Roon has been growing slower and slower for last couple of months, to the point that I now have to wait a minute for search results. Even pressing play can take a very, very long time for a song to play (this is across both Qobuz); everything is super slow and unresposnive - what is going on?

I’m using Roon Nucleus+ (over very fast wired internet), with latest builds updated, and reboots of the server do not resolve this.

thanks for any help.

2 Likes

You should use version of last summer, then speed will be fine
Or buy a MAC mini m2 with 16 GB RAM which will be faster

What is your current roon web status?

Roon status:

I’m not sure how to downgrade a version, but also seems like a very backward way to solve a problem. Are you saying current build is worse than prior ones and inherently very slow?

Running +6 days

You should reboot it daily until roon fixes the bug

Hi @goldwerger,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and sorry to hear you’re running into performance issues!

I’m curious to know - if you temporarily disable qobuz, or Tidal, or your local library - do you run into the same performance issues? Specifically, this test would help us discover if the issue is tied to a specific service, or your local library.

We’d also be happy to enable diagnostic mode on your Nucleus to take a closer look - please reproduce the issue and share the specific date, time and name of the track playing when the issue occurs?

Once you let me know this info, I’ll go ahead and enable diagnostics for your account so I can review the logging for clues.

If you’d rather do it yourself manually, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Let me know, thanks! :+1:

thanks
I’ve tried disconnecting different services and nothing helped
currently the Nuclues+ is becoming totally unresponsive - I tried hard reboot, and reinstalling operating system and roon server software, and it’s not working.
I would value your help to run dianostics for me - I wonder if the Nueclues+ server is failing.
How do you I give you access and get your help in doing the diagnostics?

Hi @goldwerger,

Thanks for the additional info. Does the same performance issue occur upon a fresh reboot of the device? Our team has some performance fixes that have just been released to early access that may help you.

These fixes will be released in our next full production release soon if you’re not keen on testing out Early Access. :pray:

thanks
I’ve tried disconnecting different services and nothing helped
currently the Nuclues+ is becoming totally unresponsive - I tried hard reboot, and reinstalling operating system and roon server software, and it’s not working.
I would value your help to run dianostics for me - I wonder if the Nueclues+ server is failing.
How do you I give you access and get your help in doing the diagnostics?

Thanks!

Yes this issue persist with fresh reboot (soft and hard)

I’ve been in the early access program before but left due to stability issue, but if current tested version improves performance than I’ll rejoin — how do I do that?

A post was split to a new topic: Nucleus playback issues

Hi @goldwerger,

There are no traces of hardware failure from the Nucleus logs, only a handful of network hiccups and performance traces linked to the fix we’ve released to early access.

If you’d rather wait until the next production update, it shouldn’t be more than a few days.