Roon + Bluesound problems [fixed by BluOS update]

I am impressed with the knowledge base in this thread, and the effort to troubleshoot these issues. I am having the same problems and get quite frustrated when my devices lose sync. I am using a Node 2 and a Pulse p300 (Pulse 1). When I have them grouped (when using Roon) either in Bluesound or in Roon I will inevitably hear a a slowing down or speeding up of the music coming from the Node 2 system. This is the point where the two devices lose sync. I have not been able to get the devices to resync without rebooting the entire system. On the other hand, I have had no problem with the sync issues if I leave Roon closed and operate the entire system/group via Bluos. I really like Roon and I am astounded that I can use my Ipad as an endpoint and I like the fact that I can group in Bluos. However, the goal was to use Roon and my Bluesound setup as a comprehensive system. One of the contributors made an excellent point in that Bluesound made an investment to participate in this venture. Since they made this commitment I would say that they have a duty to fulfill it for all of the customers that bought into their system. The same is true for Roon. Right now, I am considering shedding one of these systems. Iā€™d rather not have to go that route.

1 Like

I think I have a breakthrough regarding the syncing issue between my BluOs devices when grouped within Roon.

Today Iā€™ve placed a simple Netgear ethernet switch between my modem/router and my home network (Node2 + MacMini with Roon Core, both hard-wired via Airport Extreme and Pulse Mini also hard-wired via seperate port).

Before, the network traffic was routed through my Technicolor modem/router, now itā€™s handled by the Netgear switch (GS-105).

Iā€™m playing two rooms in sync for 2+ hours now, which I definitely wasnā€™t able to do before. The only way I can get them out of sync is by playing a 24/192 fileā€¦ 24/96 seems to be working fine thoughā€¦

Very promising I must sayā€¦ :relieved:

1 Like

Glad to hear thatā€™s working for you :grinning: Sadly not a solution for me as my Node 2 already goes via a GS105. Even with 2 devices connected to the same switch the problem persists for me, though my normal configuration is with some on wifi and the Node cabled.

I had both devices drifting once with a non-hires file in 2,5 hours, so it definitely has become more stable, not to say itā€™s 100% fixed.

Still would like to see that RAAT update for BluOsā€¦

I cheered too soon. First song I played this morning directly got out of syncā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Dā€™ohā€¦frustrating :slightly_frowning_face:

I have a NAD T777v3 AV receiver with BluOS (living room) and a Bluesound Pulse Soundbar (kitchen) both connected via WiFi only and they have played perfectly in sync from the first day. They are in use since March 1st 2018.

:frowning: sorry to hear. Definitely worth the try and thank you for letting us know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, yes I know itā€™s possible, just not working for me. Off-topic: how are you liking that Pulse Soundbar? I also want to buy oneā€¦

I like the Pulse Soundbar. No need to add the subwoofer. SQ is good. I use it for music obviously but also for the audio from the TV set in the living room. The audio signal comes from the TOSlink of a Node 2 and is perfectly in sync with the speakers that are connected to the NAD.

Just curious, but why would you need to get the audio from a Node2 via Toslink? You can sync it directly to the Soundbar canā€™t you?

The NAD BluOS module does not have an input where I can feed the audio from the TV set.

Ah I seeā€¦ :wink:

Ok, short update about this issue: Iā€™ve submitted a support request at BlueSound and eventually they could reproduce the syncing issue in their lab. Now just hoping it will be resolved soonā€¦

2 Likes

Finally!!! Itā€™s good to hear of some evidence that itā€™s not being completely ignoredā€¦thanks @dibb :+1:

Yeah, being able to actually reproduce an issue is always the first step in the process of resolving it. Now we can only hope that BlueSound believes itā€™s important enough to actually solve itā€¦

1 Like

Hi,
new BluOS - firmware (2.16.14) is here ā€¦

Little disappointed:

• still no Airplay support
  • still ā€œoldā€ RAAT SDK Version at 1.1.15

Letā€™s hope itā€™s just an interim update (which it seems), otherwise given their general release frequency, we can expect quite a wait before being able to raise our hopes againā€¦

Some hopeful news coming from BlueSound! They finally say the sync bug will be solvedā€¦ :+1:

BluOs 2.18 has been released with roon MQA support.

RAAT version is now at 1.1.28

6 Likes