Roon Bridge 171 CMD window on top after reboot (Windows 10)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Bridge 171 just upgraded.
Windows 10 - 1909 build 18363.535

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Does not apply

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Emotiva preamp connected through USB.

Description Of Issue
After bridge was upgrade a CMD window will be opened and will remain on the desk, if closed Roon bridge will be shutdown as well. Quite annoying.

Went to the paths there, no option to start minimized or in the tray… From the shortcut there is an option to start minimized anyway does not help.

Uninstalled Roon control and bridge from the PC, same behavior after reinstalling.

Do you also have Roon loaded on the PC?

initially while trying to sort it out I removed Roon from the win10 and rebooted, same thing, then removed the bridge, then rebooted, then bridge again and then the same.

is it only happening to me?

I get the same CMD dialogue also. Haven’t had chance to investigate further. Will report tomorrow.

Hi @mavmcl,

Thank you for the report. I am able to reproduce this behavior on my end and we’re looking into this issue.

Hi Noris, good to know you can replicate.
Thanks.

1 Like

My Roon Bridge runs on a Windows 10 Pro (1909) NUC. After upgrading to version 171, this pop-up now appears every time Roon Bridge starts:

I tried a fresh install using the online download. The download was still version 169, and there was no pop-up when this older version started. However, after the auto-update to 171, the pop-up once again appeared.

It seems the Roon Bridge still works properly, but I wanted to confirm if this is normal behavior or indicative of a potential issue?

Hi @nate_c,

Please see my remark above, we are currently looking into this issue.

Hi @noris @mike, is it fix now in 172? I suppose yes, will test when arrive home.
Thanks.

Yup, fix is live in 172.

Sorry for the trouble @mavmcl!

1 Like

No problem at all!! You do a super job, thanks for it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.