Roon Bridge for Raspberry Pi with USB DAC

Heat is a non-issue with a RPi 4 in a FLIRC case. So is size. It’s only 3.75 X 2.75 X 1.00 inches. Any smaller than that and you won’t be able to find it. RoPieee and RoPieeeXL work great in both ethernet and WIFI applications and the developer (@spockfish) is on this site everyday if you have any issues.

1 Like

So, the Raspberry Pi 4B with FLIRC case, official power supply and a 32GB SD card has arrived!
The case looks really nice and well built.
I’m downloading the OS now. I will not use RoPieee, as I would like to do something else with the RPi (I still dream of a VPN server to use Roon from remote…). I will try both DietPi and Raspbian, let’s see.

Everything installed and working, with dietpi, Roon bridge, WireGuard as vpn and a few nice things!
What is not working as I would like is Roon through vpn. From the mobile, connected in vpn (10.0.x.y), I can ping the computer where Roon core runs (192.168.x.y), but the Roon client on my iPhone cannot find the core and there is no way to specify the IP of the core itself.
But vpn is another topic and from iPhone I read that is difficult (or impossible maybe, depending on the hardware).

The bridge itself with RPi and Chord Mojo works perfectly!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
Francesco

1 Like

Try zero tier with it maybe if you can install on dietpi