Roon Bridges Not Visible On Mac Core

@noris
Hi Noris,
Have you or the dev team found anything meaningful on these issues?

Also, do you have any suggestions on how to get RoonBridge as an endpoint functioning on Macs running Monterey? I am able to see/use Roon Bride build 880 on older X86 Macs but my Core will not find/recognize a machine running Monterey. It does find the machine as an AirPlay option and can connect to it through HQPlayer, but no RAAT connection.

The Roon app will run on the endpoint machine and control the Roon Core successfully, but even under this connection the endpoint is not recognized as an audio output .

Thanks for any advice you have.

Jeff

@noris
Hi Noris,
Is it possible to manually modify the RoonBridge logs to insert assigned device IP addresses, such that the RoonCore will find the bride endpoints? It seems like all of the endpoints are assigned a 127.xxx IP address in each machine’s logs. I would love to find a way to get RoonBridge function again.
Thank you,
Jeff

Hi @noris
Is there a way to manually map roonend points running roon bridge on any version of Mac OS? If you can walk me through how roon assigns a unique ID to a machine, I can likely manually correct the log files to get RoonBridge working again.
Thanks,
Jeff

Hi @Jeffrey_Jaskunas ,

I split your posts regarding the Roon Bridge issue from your database issue post, they are not likely related to each other.

This is a loopback address, seeing this in some cases is normal. Can you please provide a screenshot on where you see it?

Can you try to perform a full reinstall of Roon and RAATServer on the Mac with the issue and see if this helps restore functionality?

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location (on affected Mac)
  • Find the folder that says “Roon” and “RAATServer”
  • Rename “Roon” to “Roon_old” and “RAATServer” to “RAATServer_old”
  • Reinstall Roon from our Downloads Page

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.