Roon Buggy & Tracks Skipping

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini M1, 8GB, 256GB, MacOS 12.4 (Monterey)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet 1GB, connected to Netgear Switch in Zyxel Router

Connected Audio Devices

Sonos (Arc, Beam (Gen2), Amp)), HomePod Mini’s, iPad and iPhone
14TB USB Hard Drive (USB3) for Music Library Storage (connected to Mac mini M1)

Number of Tracks in Library

66K Tracks
5655 Albums

Description of Issue

Roon 1.8 Build 952 Stable

Roon constantly skips tracks either at the beginning or during play when playing via Sonos or Airplay protocols. Sometimes the track will stop play altogether. I have uninstalled and re-installed Roon to no avail

If I use Apple Music app to play local files or Plex (via my sync’d library on my NAS) this works flawlessly.

Any one else experiencing skipping or playback stopping altogether using the latest stable version of Roon on the Mac M1. I don’t remember having this issue on Windows when I used my NUC as the Roon Core.

Is the WiFi off the zyxel?

Wifi is turned on at the Zyxel. I forgot to mention, I recently changed Router and I experienced the same issue with Roon.

The Mac mini, uses Ethernet and Wifi is turned off.

Thanks Ged.

Hey @Winston_Ward

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem on the newest Roon build (970) and need assistance please let us know.

Do you experience this issue when playing music from your system output on your Mac M1?

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks! :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.