Roon cannot find music folder on MacBook Pro

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
My Core is on a NUC10FNH with 8GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO 250 GB SSD, and Samsung 2TB SSD for internal musica storage running ROCK Build 227. My main computer is a MacBook Pro with Samsung 2TB SSD external drive.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
I use a EERO wireless mesh system for networking and have my Ethernet devices wired through a Firewalla Gold.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
I have a variety of audio devices including Apple HomePods, legacy amps (McIntosh, Rotel). All the audio devices are working well.

Description Of Issue
ROON does not recognize the external Samsung 2TB SSD on my MacBook. I tried all the recommended syntax and naming conventions but still no luck. Please advise. Also note that I do use a CalDigit TS3 Plus with my MacBook to manage my external hard drives. However, ROON does not recognize the external SSD drive even if it is plugged directly into the laptop.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi @Richard_Manser,

Just to confirm, did you set up the folder to be shared within Apple? If so, can you share a screenshot of:

• The share settings for the folder
  • The path you’re entering into Roon

Thanks!

Greetings. Just checking back in to see if you have any additional suggestions. Attached is another screen shot of why file share. The following are paths that I’ve tried:

smb://r.macbook.pro.lan/Music
smb://r.macbook.pro.lan/T7 2TB
\r-macbookpro.local\Music
\r-macbookpro.local\T7 2TB

Thank you,
Richard
Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 10.53.29 PM

Hi @Richard_Manser,

When you input these paths into Roon, what error message do you get?
Can you share a screenshot of the error?
Have you also put in your username + password from the computer?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.