Roon cannot find USB storage device

Roon Core Machine

Roon OS ROCK latest build
Asus PN61 (i7) with 16GB RAM

USB storage device: Seagate Backup Plus Hub 6TB. NTFS formatted.

Description of Issue

I am connected with my iPhone 10 to my Roon Core. Your help files states that to detect the USB-drive, go to the app. From there settings->storage->add files. At that moment a new window appears with only the option to add network devices and no local maps (see screenshots)

I just experienced the same issue after removing the usb storage from the Rock core and editing my music in the storage device. When I reconnected, it would not see the folders just like your screen shots. I plugged in a another usb storage device and it worked fine, so try another storage device and see if at least see the contents. good luck

Please read:

Hey @Niels_Ruytenberg,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, did @BlackJack’s note help at all? We’ve seen users find success in copying the content onto another device, and reformatting the drive in question to exFAT.

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.