Roon cannot see streamer

Core Machine

Win 10 i7 ntel(R) Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)

Network Details

WRITE HERE
Ethernet BGW Fiber Optic Switch- all devices direct connection

Audio Devices

WRITE HERE
Pro-ject s2 ultra streamer, Schitt Yaggrisil Dac

Library Size

WRITE HERE
no library yet

Description of Issue

WRITE HERE
Roon fails to “see” streamer, does “see” speakers connected to machine hosting Roon Core

Hey @David_Lynam,

Thanks so much for letting us know of this right away :nerd_face:

Sorry about the trouble! We’d love to get to the bottom of this.

I was wondering if your Windows 10 machine sees your streamer outside of Roon?

Hi!
Absolutely I see the streamer.

And not in Roon.

It maybe your firewall blocking Roon from seeing the streamer. As a test try turning the PC firewall off and see if the streamer shows up under the audio settings.

Daniel-
I allowed the two file names Roon uses firewall access.

And i have tried running Roon with the firewall off.

Enable Multicast.

1 Like

You also need to allow RAATserver. But, I would try Peters suggestion above first.

I have allowed Raat server.
Messing with my switch is above my pay grade. Are there instructions?

Peter-
I am still unable to connect to my streamer. How do I enable Multicast? Is this a setting on the Roon Core, which is running on a Win 10 laptop? Or the network modem/hub device I am using?

Since you have not stated the exact model, I just googled something that is hopefully relevant:
https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG6580-Advanced-Options-Setup/?l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle

ATT BGW210 fiber

Buy an unmanaged Ethernet switch, e.g. Netgear GS105, and connect the Roon Core and all Roon endpoints to it instead of the BGW210.

Turn off Windows firewall. One you got everything working, then enable the firewall and add the two exceptions for Roon and RAATServer

1 Like

Have a Netgear GS305v3 (unmanaged) switch in between the ATT router and the laptop running Roon Core and the streamer. Allowed Roon and RAAT server through the firewall. Dropped Windows Security.
Still no streamer.

Install Roon Remote app on a mobile device. Is it able to see and control the Roon Core?