Roon can't find audio zone

Core: QNAP, Roon 1.7-wired connection to wireless network

Wifi network, Apple Airport

Audio zone:
iMac, OS 10.12.6
Roon 1.7

As of 2 days ago, no problem. Suddenly, Roon can only find one of my two audio zones. In the Audio tab under Settings it shows the device (iMac) but does not identify it as a zone and will not play. Have checked all network connections and rebooted several times in different orders.

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi @Rick_Trautner,

Since experiencing this issue have you tried rebooting the Core machine and the Mac?

You mentioned that there are two audio zones — What is the other one that does work?

Thanks, Dylan-

Yes, I have rebooted Core (QNAP), iMac and other zone. The other zone endpoint is Audio Alchemy DMP-1 and is working fine. Perhaps I should try rebooting everything again?

Hi @Rick_Trautner,

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Audio from the iMac?

Do you have any firewall active on the iMac?

Is the DMP1 connected to the Core or the iMac?

No firewall

DMP-1 connected to Core, not iMac

Hi @Rick_Trautner,
It looks like the System Output Zone for the Mac is unnamed currently — Can you try giving it a name and then selecting it from the Zone picker? Are you able to play to it after that?

Bingo-problem solved. And it was so simple-thx!!

Hi @Rick_Trautner,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.