Roon can't find Auralic Aries [resolved]

ok ill check with mike on this

Hi @Jim_Honsberger ---- I was looking back through the PMs we exchanged and I was wondering if you were ever able to try the recommendations I passed on back in September? This was after I reached out to Auralic support on your behalf. I never heard back, so I had assumed this was resolved, unless this issue recurred only after your 1.3 update?

Also, did you discuss this issue with Andrew from Small Green Computer? I know you had at least 2 (or 3?) other issues since the upgrade, and these all have the feeling of either a networking issue, a hardware problem, or something environmental.

Since we havenā€™t heard this volume of complaints from others that have upgraded (whether using Sonic Transporter, or Linux , or Roon generally) I would be interested to know if Andrew has any additional input on what might be unique with your network or hardware.

Either way, let me know what happened when you followed Auralicā€™s recommendations, and we will keep at it until this is all stable for you.

The Auralic Aries suddenly disappearing has happened with an Apple Extreme router and then recently with A Google Wifi mesh system . Before and after 1.3 update.

I will check with Auralic about this issue but Iā€™m pretty certain it is not a network,hardware or environmental issue .
I believe its either an Auralic or Roon software issue or a combination of the two.

Issue resolved.

Auralic Aries for some reason is not remembering the output my dac/amp when it is turned off. The Aries output was empty .When I switched to digital output ,the Aries showed up in Roon.
It would be nice if the Aries remembered the output when you turn off the amp which has an integrated dac.

1 Like