Roon can't find my iTunes tracks stored on the external drive attached to my Mac mini music server

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

New LENOVO ThinkStation, Intel i7-9700 CPU, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro.
ROON Core V 1.7 (build 710) Stable.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WI-fi Spectrum 5g

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound NODE 2 streaming, HDMI
Mac mini music server for ripped cd’s, AYRE QB-9 DAC, Storage: NewerTech Guardian MAXimus - 3TB +3 RAID-1 {Mirrored)

ROON can’t “find” my iTunes ripped cd files on the external hard drive attached to my Mac mini music server. I followed ROON setup. No problems. Roon loaded all my TIDAL albums, songs and playlists. It also seems to “see” my Mac mini as it loaded the 56 files that are resident on the Mac mini’s internal hard drive. Again, ROON is not looking past that and “discovering” my ripped cd files stored on the external Mac mini drive. I have File Sharing turned on. Thanks.

Have you explicitly shared the external files on the Mac. Can you see them as a share from Windows file explorer?

Thanks for the reply. I not sure I see the Mac mini external drive visible from Windows File Explorer. Please pardon my pc ignorance here. Maybe you could walk me through exactly what I should be looking for and where. Also, how do I add it, if I need to. Thanks.

“FAQ: How do I create a shared folder on Mac and add it as a watched folder in Roon?” https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/faq-how-do-i-create-a-shared-folder-on-mac-and-add-it-as-a-watched-folder-in-roon

Hi @Jim_Drost,

Were the instructions provided above able to get you up and running? Do you have any questions about this process?

https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/faq-how-do-i-create-a-shared-folder-on-mac-and-add-it-as-a-watched-folder-in-roon

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.