ROON can't find Pink Faun bridge

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dell Optiplex, Windows 10, Roon 1.7 build 571

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired ethernet on all devices, using wifi only for control points. 3x switches TP-link SGl-105 (non managed), router: ubiquity edge lite, wifi access point (no DNLA server) Netgear R7000. Music files on NAS (Netgear 424)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Pink Faun Bridge (Linux, I2S over HDMI, wired ethernet).

Description Of Issue

ROON can’t find Pink Faun anymore after holliday brake. Switched off all gear and powered it on again in this order: router, switches, Netgear wifi, NAS, Windows 10 machine, Pink Faun. I have 2 other devices (usin Chromecast), they work fine.

Hi @Gabriel,

If you plug the Core and the Bridge into the router as a test, does it show up properly?

Hi @noris,
Plugging them into the router didn’t change anything. I did check the routers control panel: the Bridge did show up there at the expected IP address (fixed). With the switches in between the Core and Bridge this also was true. As an experiment I swapped the SSD of the Bridge for one with Windows 10 installed to see if there wasn’t an hardware issue. Then I could see the Bridge in ROON. After I reinstalled the original SSD (with audio linux) everything worked just fine!

Strange, but it is solved for now.

Thanks for your response.

Kind regards,
Gabriel Geluk

1 Like

Hi @Gabriel,

Thanks for letting me know that the issue is resolved! If you run into any further difficulties, feel free to let us know and we can take another look!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.