RAM: 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet from Laptop >> Netgear GS308 switch >> Asus RT-AC87U router

Connected Audio Devices

Chromecast speakers and group

Library Size

< 100 - linked with Tidal

Description of Issue

When attempting to view the Web Display, only a black screen with the Roon logo is shown. Music playback works flawlessly. The Core is a dedicated machine at the moment. My primary use laptop uses Chrome (screenshot attached). I’ve tried the following so far:
• rebooting Core machine
• using alternate browser on primary computer (Safari)
• using Chrome browser on secondary device (Android tablet)
• using Chrome on the core machine

No matter what I try, I get the same screen. I know I had briefly checked out the web display in the past, and it was working, so I’m not sure when the behavior broke (i.e. if it was with a specific update)

Have you activated the display (see mouse pointer)?

roon_display

Click on the speaker (bottom right) of the currently playing zone to see this.

See also : https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/displays#Web_Display

Ok, thanks - total PEBKAC moment :man_facepalming:

So if I could turn this Support request into a possible feature request…

It’d be great if there was more of a reminder on the Display settings screen, instead of just a link to the article (the Settings screen was the first place I went - and instead of clicking the link started googling for the issue I was having, and didn’t come up with any results - hence the post here). I’ve used this before, but I guess not in a while, and didn’t even remember there was a display button there. Seems to be plenty of unused/white space on that screen.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.