Roon Client for Windows 10 Flickering Issue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini Late 2012 as Roon Core (Roon Version 1.7 (build 571) stable)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

XiaoMi Enterprise Router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Output to Topping D90 via USB

Description Of Issue

The issue mainly occurs in the Roon client for Windows 10 as nothing similar was seen on my iPad or smartphone. From time to time, I would notice some flicker whenever I am using the client. At first, I thought it was just my monitor’s issue but was proven wrong once I switch out of the client. I was able to get a better look thanks to an album cover with lighter coloring and realized what the flickering really is: a rapid switch between “Lost Connection to the Core” and what it should be displaying. Everything still works fine and I am able to remotely control the core through my PC.

A short video can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/3skhEc5

I would like to take the opportunity to thanks every member at Roon for creating this awesome and powerful software that meets every single of my needs for a music player.

Hello @Sampo_Lin, thanks for the video! I had some questions so I can better understand the issue:

1. How is the Windows 10 client connected to the network? How about your core?
  2. Are your graphics drivers up to date?
  3. Have you tried reinstalling and rebooting the client?

Also, welcome to the community!

Hi, thanks for the reply!

1. My Windows 10 Client and Roon Core (Mac Mini) are both connected to the network via 5ghz internet.
  2. My graphic driver is up to date.
  3. I have reinstalled and rebooted the client.

As the house layout forces the router to be in the living room, I am unable to connect my Windows 10 Device and Roon Core to the router via ethernet cable.

Hello @Sampo_Lin, my apologies for the delayed response. Can you reproduce this behavior one more time on this machine and reply here with a timestamp (your local time) when you do? I’d like to enable diagnostics for your account so I can prepare a report for our team. Thanks!

Hello @nuwriy, I’ll try to reproduce this issue and report it as soon as it happen. Thanks for the good work!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.