Roon closing after 10 seconds

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win10 / Lenovo MT3237 Desktop, I5 3470 processor 2.9GHz, 8 GB Ram / Roon build 100700610
1.7 (build 610) stable
stable
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Charter Cable Internet Service @ 100meg, Linksys WRT 1900 router on Ethernet / Synology Disk Station

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Audio out via USB to external DAC and then through external amplifier to bookshelf speakers

Description Of Issue
Launch Roon and it closes after 10 seconds regardless if it’s sitting idle or I have music playing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled from the download page and logged out and back in countless times to no avail. I now have no Cover Art either which is new, but the application crashing and closing after 10 seconds is the major issue here.

Try installing the 32 bit version.

1 Like

Thank You
From the same download site?

Yes the same.

Uninstalled 64bit version and loaded the 32 bit version, so far so good. Thank You for your help, I will need to keep an eye on as the app was not open this morning and I didn’t shut it down last night. The core needs to be up and running to access from other devices so I hope this doesn’t shut down daily.

Hello @John_Brennan, glad the 32-bit version is working! Please let us know if you continue to see issues.

Will do, Thank You!!

I couldn’t connect any of my remotes after downgrading to the 32bit version, it just kept saying “Connecting and Connection Failed”. Turns out the Windows Defender Firewall created a rule and was blocking Roon. I just disabled the rule and all good now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.