Roon connection Problem with tidal

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/)
Mac book per early 2020 with OS Catalina 10.15.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Teac NT-505 connect with Ethernet good and fast connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Hello team,

I have a problem! :wink: While listening Roon logs in from Tidal for 1-2 seconds and then logs in again automatically, the previously played track is back to the beginning and I have to restart it.

This happens sporadically, sometimes I can hear several tracks in a row, sometimes it happens on every track. Tidal play alone I have no problem.

Last logout 12.09.2020
It is no joy to listen to music

Thanks for your help (pleaseee)

Hello @Udo_Frohn, my apologies for the trouble here. I wanted to clarify the issue you’re experiencing. Is it that you start playing a track, notice TIDAL logging back in, then that song starts over? Could you also elaborate on your network setup for me?

Hello Nuwiry, thank you very much for your support. I start Roon connected to my Tidal account. A few tracks are playing suddenly the music stops, a window opens in Roon and says the connection to the Tidal account is broken. After about 2 seconds Roon automatic log in to Tidal and the track I listened to before is at the beginnen again and I have to start it again. This happens sometimes after 2-3 tracks and if I am lucky it will run for 20-30 minutes without interruption. I’m streaming over a Teac NT-505 which is connected to a fast internet connection with an ethernet cable (that’s not the reason). Thanks for your help.
Udo

Hello @Udo_Frohn, and thanks for the clarification! I’d like you to try a few items for me

1. Is the core connected via Ethernet?
  2. Can you send me a screenshot of the error you’re seeing?
  3. Do you experience this if you play to system output of your mac instead?

Hello Nuwriy,

1. No the Mac Book Pro is via Wifi connected
  2. difficult, the error Window comes only for 2 seconds I don’t sit with camera at the monitor but I try next time :wink: The Windows is red with white text.
  3. I Never play over Mac output. For best sound direct from teac Nt-505 (See photo)
    Thanks a lot for your support

Warm regards Udo

Now it happen with Photo for youimage

Hello @Udo_Frohn, I noticed you had marked my post as the resolution but it looks like you’re still having issues, right? I’d recommend temporarily connecting the core to Ethernet as recommended in our networking guide and see if you still have issues.

Also, I’d still recommend trying to play to the system output of the Mac just for a quick test. If we run both of these tests we can narrow down the issue and get things back up and running for you.

Yes sorry the Problem is still alive.
Ok. So I have to buy a Ethernet cable and a adapter for my Mac Booksnd Play over systemoutput? Than I I hear over one hour or so the error happend?

Thx for help

Hello @Udo_Frohn, I’d say our best bet for troubleshooting this is to get things connected via Ethernet or try another machine capable of connecting to Ethernet as the core temporarily. Let me know when you’ve tried this.