Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core: sonicTransporter i5
Remote: MacBook Pro. 12/18 version.
Micro jukebox with Seagate 8TB USB HDD. The jukebox is currently the core.
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Internet service is Comcast/Xfinity, with a dual band router.
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Description Of Issue
Roon has worked flawlessly for a year. (12/18-12/19).
Since January 2020, Roon has been acting peculiar.
- There is Now a short lag when I click on a song before it begins to play. It was almost instantaneous before
- I keep getting a lost connection display on my laptop/iPhone/Sony laptop. The song stops, connection breaks, then reconnects. It never occurs when no music is playing but Roon is open.
- Some songs stop playing and I get a reading that “the song is loading slowly. This could be a performance or hardware problem.
- When I turn off my system and turn it back on, I must now disengage the hard drive, because Roon only recognizes songs that are loaded on the jukebox, not the HD. One i plug in the HD into the back of the micro jukebox, Roon will search and find the songs again. Never happened before.
- I plugged the external HD into other computers. I get no readings that the HD is malfunctioning. I can play music with other music sources without incident.
- Roon runs slow. There is a blue circle icon in constant motion as if it always looking for music Never had that.
- Please help. I enjoy your program as well as my music. I’m 63, and My computer literacy skills are not good. Please help. Enclosed are 2 pictures of errors that I get.
Hello @eric_jones, thanks for the info! Hey, I noticed in your original message that you listed both the MacBook and the Jukebox as the core and wanted to clarify which one houses your database.
Also can you elaborate on your network setup? What router are you using, any switches, etc.?
Lastly, have you run a speed test when you get this message? Next time this occurs, please give that link a try and post the results here, thanks!
The sonic transport is the core. The hard drive is connected to the micro jukebox. I use an ultra Rendu. My internet service is Comcast/Xfinity, with a dual band router. I actually exchanged routers after the problem started. According to speed test this morning: download speed is 91mbps. Upload speed is 11.5mbps
Hello @eric_jones and thanks for the clarification. You had also mentioned that this began in January, did you make any changes around that time?
Also, if you could please provide a screenshot of this, thanks!
Howdy. Sorry for taking so long to respond. I have not made any changes to my system. Enclosed is a screen shot of the blue circle. It’s more like a small part of an arc at the top right corner of the screenshot.
Hello @eric_jones and thanks for the screenshot! I would like to know if this issue persists if we use a different core, I would recommend trying your MacBook Pro as the core. You can do this with the following steps:
- Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
- Install the Roon app on the other PC
- If you have an existing installation go
Roon Settings -> General -> Disconnect
- On the Choose your Core screen, select “Use this PC”
- Do not restore your old database yet
- Verify if the same issue is occurring on the other PC
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.