Roon constantly spinning: "scanning now" on new Roon 1.8 update (build 806) [Resolved - m3u file causing issues]

Sorry for the late response, @Wayne_Carter. Can you try the reboots and send logs again? There might be other files here that are tripping up Roon’s scanning that we need to identify.

Hi there @dylan Note - these times are in Atlantic Time, I am in Nova Scotia Canada.
#1 Reboot - 4:59 pm
Roon restarted on Mac Mini M1 4:59 pm
Library became available in dashboard 5:03 pm
Continued scan until 5:09 pm

#2 Reboot - 5:10 pm
Roon restarted on Mac Mini M1 5:10 pm
Library became available in dashboard 5:13 pm
Continued scan until 5:19 pm

I then shut down Roon on Mac Mini M1 again but left Nucleus+ Core running

Thanks, @Wayne_Carter — We’ll take a look and will follow up with you soon!

Hi @Wayne_Carter

We are seeing a lot of errors related to this:

/Everything But the Girl/1985 По Концертным Залам XII Всемирного Фестиваля Молодёжи И Студентов В Москве 1985 г. (7'', Мелодия, С62 23385 001)/Everything But The Girl - По Концертным Залам XII Всемирного Фестиваля Молодёжи И Студентов В Москве 1985 г..m3u: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/roon/sys/storage/smbmounts/RoonStorage_7521d2c5199d7aea3e11f10772cd8da2dd1d1687/Everything But the Girl/1985 По Концертным Залам XII Всемирного Фестиваля Молодёжи И Студентов В Москве 1985 г. (7'', Мелодия, С62 23385 001)/Everything But The Girl - По Концертным Залам XII Всемирного Фестиваля Молодёжи И Студентов В Москве 1985 г..m3u'.

Can you try removing this m3u file and let us know if it results in any changes?

Hey there - that seems to have done the trick. Thank you! Curious - that file has been in my library since 2017, why would this start happening all of a sudden? did something change in Roon 1.8? Thank you again for all your help Dylan, much appreciated.

Definitely strange, @Wayne_Carter. There aren’t any changes I’m aware of on our side, but if you still have that m3u available I’d be happy to have our team take a closer look so hopefully we can prevent similar issues in the future. Just send it to me via a PM. Thanks!