Roon Control takes up to 5 minutes to connect to Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

i3NUC Roon 1.7 build 550

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fritzbox router7270

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mytek Brooklyn

Description Of Issue

Since 1.7, it took up to 3-5 minutes for my Roon remote to connect to Roon server. It kept saying it took longer than usual to connect to ROCK or couldn’t find ROCK. My hardware hasn’t changed. Roon Server on a i3NUC Linus and my Roon control on a WIndows 10. Both are connected via ethernet to a router. Before 1.7, there is no delay in connect to the nucleus. This time, it wont connect even I restart ROCK using the ROCK web interface on my WIndows. Sometimes the nucleus simply stopped and not respond. Need to manually restart.

Hi @Hope_Tan,

Does this delay only occur after turning on the server or does it occur throughout the day? Can you note the exact local time + date when this behavior next occurs and then manually send me a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions? Thank you.

Hi Noris, what is your email address? Think I need that for sharing with Dropbox.

Tap on the jellyfish avatar next to his name, then choose Message, top right. Post your link there.

Hi @Hope_Tan,

Thanks for sending those logs over! I have forwarded these logs over to QA for closer inspection, I will let you know once I have further information to share, thanks!

Hi @Hope_Tan,

We’ve recently released RoonOS (Build 186) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.