Roon Control works with one Windows user on one PC, not others

Hello,
I have searched for a few days and cannot solve this problem.
Roon server is installed in Windows 10 Pro environment, on User A.

A control is also installed on User A. That’s all great, the Roon server works and serves up music to a microRendu system which feeds a larger stereo system, as well as the Roon control for User A via optical output to a dinky Fosi audio DAC-Q4. It all works.

There are also User B and User C. They have each have Roon controls. In the controls you see the correct core, the history, everything. You just can’t play music.

I’ve turned off the firewall, checked file sharing, reinstalled drivers, had a beer etc. I’ve Uninstalled and reinstalled the controls but nada.

The only obvious clue I have is that Raat server shows up as a volume controlled device in the working unit’s (User A) volume mixer but not in the other two.

When I installed User B and C Roon controls I selected the core I had installed on User A.

That’s it.

Any ideas?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon Control works with one Windows user, not others

Hi @Mitchell_Phipps,

For this issue please continue in your existing Support topic, creating duplicate topics and cross posting dilutes the history and creates confusion.

Regards,
Carl

PS I see @dylan has requested some additional information, see link below, not sure if you have seen it yet but it would help a lot if could you supply this please.