Roon Core 1.8 (880) observation

Windows 10 21H1 (x64) with latest December updates 19043.1415:

12/17 04:53:59 Trace: [zone Emma’s Bedroom] Loading
12/17 04:53:59 Trace: [zone Emma’s Bedroom] Suspend
12/17 04:53:59 Info: [zone Emma’s Bedroom] Canceling Pending Sleep
12/17 04:53:59 Info: [zone Emma’s Bedroom] Canceling Pending Sleep
12/17 04:53:59 Critical: scx: in OnExit: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
at Sooloos.Http.HttpServer._Start()
at Sooloos.Broker.Transport.CastZonePlayer…ctor(State state, IEnumerable1 realeps, IEnumerable1 endpoints)
at Sooloos.Broker.Transport.ZonePlayerFactory.Create(State state, IEnumerable1 endpoints) at Sooloos.Broker.Transport.Zone.LL_UpdateEndpoints(Boolean first) at Sooloos.Broker.Transport.Zone..ctor(State state, Module module, Sooid zoneid, IEnumerable1 endpoints)
at Sooloos.Broker.Transport.Module.ev_threadexit()
at Sooloos.SynchronizationContextThread.OnExit()

All kinds of errors like the above.

The problem was that the 880 software along with the latest Windows updates were installed at the same time.

Since we seldom send to the Google devices I have disable them all and the error messages have gone away.

The reason I dug into the logs was that Roon was pausing randomly with my main playback method (in two locations):

Pi4 > Ropiee > Gustard X16 DAC

I suspect that the Google device problem was causing the Roon engine to have issues.

Hi @John_Weitner

We apologize for the delay in getting back to you about this and appreciate your patience.

Since there’s been a delay in getting back to you I wanted to inquire whether you were still having this issue on Build 884? If you’re still having problems please let us know and we’d be happy to jump in and help.

All good with current build.
The posting was an ‘observation’ for the group that the issue was related, at least for me, to Chromecast devices along with a workaround

Thank for getting back to is with this update! I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.