Roon Core: Audiophile Options

Perhaps my reviews might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX5657-RA9E&list=PLMbsmejHnP8GxFbgS5E2EXWLOLptcXNg-

In what way? I run it from a Mac laptop 16" MBP with no issues.

Too many other things going on…drop-outs…user errors…etc. One person’s experience with a MAC laptop might have little or nothing to do with another person’s experience with a Windows 10 laptop. As I said, I do not recommend running Roon core on a laptop. I recommend a dedicated Roon server of some sort.

The issue with most Laptops for a core are they typically are on Wifi only connections and this is not recommended - LAN cable wired connection for a core is the Roon recommended way. as always YMMV

The other issue is that not all laptops are really up to running Roon fast enough due to throttled CPU’s and or mobile processors that do not have enough power for larger libraries. Again YMMV.

I’m running a sonicTransporter i5, 2TB SSD with Roon and ultraRendu streamer both from Small Green Computer. You will need to add a USB DAC and you would be set. I have been running this combo for 10 months and I am very happy. You can save a little money if you go with a microRendu streamer.

1 Like