Roon core connection lost to backup folder after startup or reboot

I am using the Roon Rock on a Intel NUC. Sometimes, when away for a few days or so, i shut down the core using the web interface. Always when i turn on the device again the next backup to my (QNap) NAS fails because of credentials. These credentials are the same as for the music collection on the same NAS, and this music collection is still found and usable by Roon Rock.

The only thing now to solve this is to delete the backup connection and recreate it. This is annoying.

I am also using a backup connection to dropbox, and this doesn’t suffer from a restart of the core and keeps working.

Is this a known issue and if so, what can i do to solve it?

Kind regards,
Audiofi3l

Hei !

Did you try Win10 “Credential Manager” : [rundll32.exe keymgr.dll,KRShowKeyMgr] - run it from admin CMD.
Having regard to “Best answer” at this link

Well, i am running ROCK on the NUC, so, there is no windows involved in remembering the credentials.

After startup from shutdown i always get the following error “Backup failed at xx:xx:xx / Backup directory not available” at the first scheduled backup.

Unfortunately, I don’t know ROCK - :frowning:

@support might chime in with some advice or request for accessing your logs

Hi @Audiofi3l ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us, both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, to help us try to understand the behavior you are experiencing with the mentioned NAS, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following:

• Please provided an expanded description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Please describe how the QNAP is communicating with your network/Roon.

Lastly, I would like to have our techs take a closer look into this behavior by enabling diagnostics on your account. If you can reliable reproduce the issue, would you kindly do so and note the time when the error occurs.

-Eric

Hi @Audiofi3l ---- Thank you for the PM! Confirming that I have received al the requested information :thumbsup:

I will let you know what the team comes up with, your patience is very appreciated!

-Eric

Thank you for the update. For now i have deleted the backup location and added it again so the backup will run again. At least as long as i keep the rock on rockin’ :wink:

Thank you for your patience here @Audiofi3l! letting you know that I have provided you with an updated via PM.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
-Eric

Hi @Audiofi3l ---- Hope the holiday season has been treating you and your family well. Letting you know that I have provided you with another update in our PM chain.

Thanks!
-Eric