Roon Core crash, can't connect

My core just disappeared while playing a song. Roon control could no longer connect to the core and playback stopped on my player. I logged onto the QNAP, collected logs and then stopped and started the application and now things are back. I thought my issue with the core disappearing was a multicast issue but its still happening even with the change I made on the router, just not as often. The support page will not let me upload a zip. If I could send logs, things dropped during the The Call Everywhere I Go. Email me and I can send the zip file of logs.

Hi @Craig_Reilly ---- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation you have made with us. The feedback and insight are both very appreciated!

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior you have reported may I very kindly ask you for the following:

• Please expand on the description of your setup using this link as a guide.

• How often are you experiencing this crashing behavior? Are you noticing any patterns in behavior or actions that may be triggering and/or influencing this behavior?

• It sounds like you may have been having issues before opening this thread. If this is indeed the case, were you experiencing the same behavior (i.e Core crashing) and what was the change you made to the router?

• I will be contacting you via PM with instructions on how you can get your logs over to us.

-Eric

Hello @Craig_Reilly ,

My deepest apologies about the delay in getting back to you here, our QA team has been analyzing the original logs and we have even had one of our senior developer take a look over your case as well. There do not seem to be any patterns in the logs indicating why you are unable to connect, I just want to confirm though, does this issue still exist with the newest update?

QA and the developer have said that the best way forward here is to keep analyzing more log files as soon as the issue occurs, so with that in mind, I kindly ask for you to reproduce the same issue over the course of this week and submit the log files to our uploader as you have previously done so, let me know the name of the archive, and keep a constant analysis by our QA team to identify any patterns present in the logs.

We understand and respect how frustrating these types of issues can prove to be but the only way we are going to be able to narrow down what could be causing this behavior to occur is to methodically check log files as the error occurs. We appreciate both your patience and understanding during this process.

Thanks,
Noris

My NAS updated the Roon wrapper (QPKG-Version : 2018-06-14) and Roon core updated to 1.5 (build 334). I have not had a connection issue since. I will continue to track, thanks for the looking into this issue.

2 Likes