Roon core error help needed

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Antipodes CX

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Linksys router – wifi and LAN cable.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Sonos Play 5 - wifi, Antiopdes EX.

Description Of Issue
Hi – About 99% of the time I use Roon on my “big rig” through the Antipodes EX endpoint and a DAC. Occasionally, I also use it with a Sonos Play 5 endpoint.

Both streams worked fine until today, when I tried to play thru the Sonos – I got a message from Roon about whether I wanted to “unauthorized” the CX core.

I don’t understand this. I wasn’t trying to put the Roon core on another machine. Can someone help/explain?

Thanks. – David

Hi @David_Zigas,

What kind of remote device were you using? Does this show for all remotes?

Generally, this message will appear if you try to connect to a Core when your account is already authorized on another device. You can change any time though, so clicking unauthorize should allow you to use Roon without issues.

Dylan, As I write this, I think I know what might be the problem. The CX has been acting up. Is it possible that Roon can’t “see” the CX anymore on my network, and thinks I’m trying to set the core up on a different machine? – David

Hi @David_Zigas,

Yes, it’s possible that the PC is trying to be used as the Core machine instead of the CX. You should be able to go back and choose the CX instead (if it’s showing up as available).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.