Hi! What’s not quite right with Roon?
· None of the above quite fits
None of the above quite fits
· None of these quite match
Tell us what's going on
· I've previously used an Elgato Stream Deck and Tomi Blinnikka's plugin to control Roon playback. This was working well until migrating from MacOS Sequoia to GoldenGate.
The issue I'm having is that entering the IP address of my Roon Core and port (9330 - which is shown in Roon's desktop app settings as the display port address) is no longer triggering the extension approval inside the Roon desktop app. I suspect that the request is not making it across for some reason but suspect that the tightened network permissions in GoldenGate may be a factor.
Here's what I've tried so far:
- everything at https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/fix-missing-audio-devices-after-a-macos-update-in-roon#Check_Roons_Local_Network_Permission
- disabling (temporarily) all firewalls at the Mac end and NAS end where Roon Core is running
- confirming via MacOS terminal that Roon is present and reachable (on port 9330)
- scanning across a range of ports to see which are open (four in my case including 9330, but none seem to accept the connection)
- trying Vulkandr's fork Roon:Dialed Up plugin instead (same issue)
Everything else working OK and I can still use the desktop app for playback... just struggling to integrate the plugin extension.
Tell us about your home network
· Zyxel DX3301-T0 router (unchanged since fully working)