Roon Core goes to sleep on Mac Mini

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon (Full version including core and remote) running on a Mac Mini, running MacOS Catalina v 10.15.6. Mac Mini is Late 2014 - 8 GB RAM. Connected via wired Ethernet. Mac Mini is connected via HDMI to the Rotel RAP-1580 4K slot, and on to a TV - which I use as a monitor to access the mac mini.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet Cable connected to a TP-Link Switch. Google Mesh Wifi puck also connected to the same switch, but I don’t use wifi to connect the Mac Mini.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB connection to a PC/USB 2.0 on a Rotel RAP-1580 on typical mode. Experimenting with a Bryston DAC 3.14 - no audio issues in both cases.

Streaming to Bedroom Naim Muso, and also to another room with an Apple TV connected to a Rotel amplifier (using optical - older version of Apple TV).

Description Of Issue

Everything works fine, and I am able to connect to the core using Roon remote on my iPhone and on an iPad. I am able to set up the audio options. However, when I leave the Mac mini and go away - it seems to fall asleep, and Roon also stops running. Remote roon will not connect - till I login into the mac mini, and re-start Roon on the machine. I have gone to the Energy Saver - and put it to “Never” for the sleep mode. When I switch the Rotel amplifier off (and therefore display switches off), Roon keeps running on the Mac Mini. So the amp / USB / display option is fine when I switch them off. Its just that after a while, the Mac Mini seems to be going to sleep - and I have to restart the Roon again. This is defeating the entire purpose of Roon during my trial period - so please help.

Hello @JayC, and thanks for your report! I’d recommend taking another look at your sleep settings for more options.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.