Roon Core keeps losing connection

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Small Green Computer i7 ST ROON Linux 4.13.16-211.fc25.x86_64/10.0.0.183, Version 1.6 (build 416) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Xfinity router (cable modem) - FCC ID: G95CGM414X on ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Netgear unmanaged gigabit 5-port switch is connected to Xfinity router. The i7 ST is connected to the Netgear switch. A ultraRendu is connected to the Netgear switch. Everything is connected with cat 5 or 6 ethernet cable.

Description Of Issue

The i7 ST loses connection after 1 to 2 days. The only way to re-establish connection is go to the sonicobiter.com and uninstall ROON and then re-install ROON. This allows everything to function for a couple of days.

Andrew believes it is a ROON issue. I have the ROON logs I would like to send you. Please advise how to do this.

Fernando

Hi @Fernando_Maldonado,

Can you please send the Roon logs over to me via Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com? Do the logs clearly show where the disconnect occurs or do you have an approximate timestamp you can provide?

When the SonicTransporter loses connection, what is it losing connection to? What kind of Roon remote re you using? Does rebooting the SonicTransporter help or is reinstalling the app the only way to re-establish connectivity?

Noris,

Below is the link for Roon logs.

The i7 ST is not able to connect to Roon. I am using an IPad as a Roon remote. Reinstalling is the only way to re-establish connectivity.

Fernando

Hi @Fernando_Maldonado,

Thanks for sending those over, this looks like a networking issue to me since you are losing connection to both your Core and our account servers around the same time. Let’s try a test here, can you bypass the Netgear switch and connect the Core directly to the router? Does the same behavior occur when you have it configured in this way?

I will try it in a moment. I just want to add that I have a NUC core that never loses connection.

Connecting directly to the modem does not help.

Hi @Fernando_Maldonado,

Can you please try using a different Ethernet cable that connects to the SonicTransporter? I have seen my fair share of Ethernet cables go bad so I would like to rule this out as a possibility.

I swapped out the Ethernet cable with 2 different ethernet cables - no luck.

Hi @Fernando_Maldonado,

Thank you for trying a different Ethernet cable. I would next like to know if this same issue occurs for multiple Roon Remotes, as you have noted that you primarily use an iPad as a Roon Remote. If you by any chance have another PC around the house, can you confirm that the behavior is the same from the PC Remote as well?

yes it happens for both PC remote and iPad remote

Hi @Fernando_Maldonado,

I know it’s been a while since we last spoke, and I wanted to update you here.

We have reached out to Andrew regarding this issue in hopes that he can provide some more technical information as to what he was able to discover when troubleshooting your system remotely.

We’re hoping to discuss with Andrew soon, and when we have the additional technical information and appropriate next steps in place, we will be sure to let you know. Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: NUC lost access

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.