Roon Core machine in Shop, Can I set up a second machine?

Roon Core Machine

WIN 10, ASUS MB Z270-A, Intel(R) Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz, Memory: 6144MB DDR RAM
but all of that is in the shop. I was going to set up Roon on a second computer. Not clear this is a good idea. Wanted your guidance on best options given this situation. Is any of my core data in the Cloud? Should a second computer be set up prior to this point or would the loss of the core machine make this option mute?

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ATT NVG 589 VDSL2, both WiFi and Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Great setup on original computer, works wonderfully,but all of that is in the shop. I was going to set up Roon on a second computer. Not clear this is a good idea. Wanted your guidance on best options given this situation. Is any of my core data in the Cloud? Should a second computer be set up prior to this point or would the loss of the core machine make this option mute?

No problem. Just install Roon where you want.

If you’ve taken Backups, then do a Restore. Otherwise, you will have lost any curating you did on the other machine.

If your Roon library is OK on the machine being fixed, then once it gets fixed you can pick up where you were as far as curations go.

No, but many people wish it was. :smirk:

Not a factor. Either way would be OK.

1 Like

Hey @Richard_Marple, if you’re interested in switching Core devices, we’ll always recommend that you make a backup of your Roon data first. @xxx was right - your data will not be located in the Cloud.

If you’d like a guide to follow when switching Core devices, I’d recommend reading our Migration article for more information.

:sunglasses:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.