Roon Core needs restart every 10 min to hour in order to continue library audio analysis

Support can get accounts for you but you can always get their attention with @ accounts (remove the space)

I have also found that accounts are quick to respond from messages direct from the Roon home web pageā€¦just in case!

Thanks Thehammer and wisardofoz for your input.
I got a response from support who extended my trial.
I think i may have found ā€œtheā€ problem. The longer it takes for support the higher the probability a solution will be found by user or forum members (or user will give up and end trial :slight_smile: Will know in about 24 hours.

1 Like

Hello @cd_gibson ,

Thank you for uploading those logs and apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, I was out of the office last week and just recently returned.

Looking over your log file, it appears that Roon is having difficulties performing analysis on the following file: S:\MP3\VA - Magic Soul - 320k\CD3\16 - Jennifer Hudson - Spotlight.mp3

Can you please try to move this file to another location that Roon is not scanning and let us know if it resolves the analysis issue?

If the issue is indeed caused by this file, can you please upload it to the same workdrive location so that I can forward it to our QA team to investigate why it is causing this behavior in Roon?

Thank you and apologies once again for the slow response here.

There are at least two issues that need your attention.
The first being files that roon is having trouble analyzing. As of now, there are apparently 2 as the server continues to attempt to analyze them but just spins, for days.
And no, one of them (at least as far as i can tell) is NOT the file you specified. I pulled that file of from its location and restarted the service but the server is still struggling with 2 files.
The second issue is different but related. When adding new files, the server does not analyze them without me having to shut it down first. I assume that is because it is having trouble with those 2 files and is ā€œstuckā€ until those are removed or it gets restarted.
Either way, that file was not the cause of the problem unfortunately.
As an aside, as of yesterday, it was one file, as of today there are two files that it is having trouble with.

Is there any way for a user to find out the offending files rather than post a support ticket and wait a week or two or more.
Seems like that should easily be visible somewhere and actionable by the user rather than support. Where may i find this info?

update. After 24 hours and 4 restarts my core has been able to complete the analysis of 1 of the 2 offending files, whatever they areā€¦ Progress, I guess.
One left.
Still awaiting an answer to my question regarding being able to find the problem file(s) rather than waiting for support to support.

Hello @cd_gibson ,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here.

Unforunatly, looking at logs is the best way to determine if there is an issue with files in Roon, there is no way for a user to perform this on their own unless they are able to understand the logs.

Roon getting stuck on analysis is a rare occurrence, and after each case of analysis getting stuck, we typically have QA look over the file and see what went wrong, and try to prevent the issue in the future.

Yes, this is a possibility, if Roon is trying to analyze a file and it is not able to do so, it may be the cause of why analysis is not continuing until the server reboot.

I have taken another look at logs and have found one more potentially problematic file, can you please try moving this file and let us know if that helps?

S:\Music\MP3\VA - Now That is What I Call Music - 320k\2020 - NOW That's What I Call Christmas (2020)\Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree (Single Version).mp3

Thank you.

With more than a month to work on this, i have resolved the problem
Yup, by myself and without support help.
My only question is if i subscribe, should i expect to get support answers (assuming i have problems) with the same response time as it took for this one or is supportā€™s response time better for those who pay?
Serious question as this entire waiting for help debacle has really soured me on roon.

Hello @cd_gibson,

Becoming :lemon: about Roon based on this interaction is more than understandable - it is normal. We didnā€™t think or want for the troubleshooting to go on for this long, all the while you putting in the effort that solved the issue. I am extremely sorry and I hope you can accept our deepest apologies.

This is not the experience we would have wanted you to have, nor are these the standards we hold ourselves accountable to.

Weā€™d love to have a chance to prove otherwise: should you run into any issues, weā€™ll do all we can to reply in a timely manner and truly help out :nerd_face:

2 Likes

In case anyone wonders as they might be facing the same problem, mine was solved by removing and rearranging files. I had some ripped iso sacdā€™s that roon does not apparently like much. Additionally, until all the offending files. Feature request - please provide a way for the user (and not support) to be notified of these offending files.
I spent 30 days waiting for help which could have been reduced to less than a day if i had the informationā€¦ If this were done, i would reduce support workload and allow them to work on more critical issues
It seems silly to keep this information hidden and away from the user. What else is there that we should know about?

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.