Roon Core needs to be restarted after crashing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini (late 2012) headless (via Share Screen)
2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5
Roon 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Description Of Issue

I was not listening music. I had to restart Roon Core as it crashed with the following error in the console just before the crash:
runningboardd process
RBSStateCapture remove item called for untracked item… (target:executable<Roon()>)

Dear Support team

After restarted the Core it crashed 30 hours later with the same message
RBSStateCapture remove item called for untracked item… (target:executable<Roon(502)>)

In my short Roon experience, I have seen a few crashes that I could identify/explain:

• I was running Time Machine and it appeared in the log just before the crash. I stopped running Time Machine on the Roon folders and apps as I read it does not work properly. At the moment I do not run Time Machine at all.
  • Background Audio Analysis Speed; I used 4 cores to speed up the process. I am not sure how the memory is managed in this case so I stopped using it and I am using now Throttled.

Right now I cannot explain this crash; the only thing Roon Core is doing is the Background audio analysis (Throttled) as I am new to Roon and I have the full library to analyse. Could it lead to this error/crash ?

Thanks for your help
Regards

Hello @philoouu, thanks for the information. Have you been experiencing this issue since disabling time machine for your Roon folders?

Hello @nuwriy,
Thanks for coming back to me.
Yes it did happen when Time Machine was not running at all. (on top of that I have disabled the 3 folders, Roon, RoonMounts and Roon app)
I am rebooted the mini Mac yesterday. I will let you know if this is happening again.
Do you think it could be linked to this Background Analysis? It will be soon finished so I guess I will be able to see without having it running. By the way, if I use all the core to run this background analysis to speed it up, could it lead to some instability ?
thanks and regards

Hello @philoouu, I talked this one over with the team and if this does occur again, please let me know so we can enable diagnostics for your account! I’ll need a timestamp of about when you noticed the issue, then I can take that to our team. Thanks!

Hello @nuwriy,
It did happen again, I have saved all the information from the “Console” each time it did happen. But I want to finish the Background analysis process before trying again to let the Roon Core server run over 24/48 hours to see if it crashes without having to do any analysis. I will come to you very shortly as the library is almost analyzed. This error seems to be linked to Catalina specifically and it is not much documented on the web so I have really no clue what is going on although I read that it could lead to some crashes.
What do you mean by enabling diagnostics? Some logs I could send you?
Thanks and regards

Hello @philoouu, and my apologies that the issue returned, I’d be happy to pass what you’ve collected onto the team if you can place it here.

And yes, by enable diagnostics I meant to get your Roon logs, but if you have them and a timestamp of where to look I’d be happy to supply the team with that information. Thanks!

Hello @nuwriy
Thanks for coming back to me.
Background audio analysis is finished.
I will see if it crashes again. Then I will put the log.
I did not keep the Roon log when it crashed, I have just saved the error message on the Mac Console so it is not that useful.
Will wait for now if/until something happens.
THanks

Hello @nuwriy
I did not meet any issues since more than a week after the Background audio was done for the whole library.
Everything looks good.
Thanks

Hello @philoouu, that’s awesome news! Please let me know if the issue returns.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.