Roon Core not connecting over Orbi satellite (but fine over Base Station)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini OS X 10.14.4
Roon version 1.6 (build 401)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Orbi RBR50 to RBS50: WiFi or Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

LS50 Wireless

Description Of Issue

Roon Core is found if I connect wirelessly or by ethernet to the base station (RBS50). However, I get a message that flips from Connecting to Connection Failed on any Roon endpoint connected to the RBR50 Orbi satellite. The Roon Core is on a Mac Mini and the firewall is off. The MacMini is hooked up by Ethernet to the Orbi base station. I’ve reset the Orbis once already without much success. Of course, the whole system was working flawlessly 24 hours ago, and I don’t know what has changed.

Hi @Michael_Yeh,

For Orbi routers, we recommend unchecking Disable IGMP Proxying in your router’s settings. This setting can interfere with the ability for Roon Remotes to connect to the Roon Core. Can you give this a try and let us know if there’s any change? You may need to reboot your router, Core, and remote devices after making this change.

Holy cow! That worked! Why?

Hi @Michael_Yeh,

I’m glad things are working for you now! This option when checked interferes with Roon’s ability to appropriately communicate over the network. With this unchecked, as we mention in our Networking Guide, we’ve found that Roon is able to communicate without issue on these networks. Moving forward things should work as expected for you in this configuration.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.