Roon Core not stable

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Fanless NUC 7i5
EVO 250GB SSD for Rock
2Tb harddrive for music files

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Connected to audiophile Switch Silent Angel Bonn N8
After that Netgear r7000 router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Ethernet connection with Naim NDX2

Description Of Issue

Since the update, Roon is not as stable as it was. It sometimes looses connection with the endpoint. After that I reboot the system, but the Roon Server is not always working. I have to restart the Roon Server seperately in de IP menu of the Roon Core.

What could be the cause? failure of the ssd? or is it the stability of the updated Roon Server?

A post was split to a new topic: Core upon startup won’t connect, then after some time stabilizes

Hi @Che,

When this happens does the Web UI show that RoonServer is not running? If so, can you share a screenshot of this?

Hi Dylan,

Yes in de Web UI is shows that the Roonserver is not running. Next time when it happens I will sent you a screenshot.

Thanks, @Che.

Please also make a note of the time this occurs and send us the screenshot. We can then enable diagnostics so the team can take a closer look.

Hi Dylan,

I just closed down the NUC/Rock, did some rewiring of the power cables. I did close it down in the Web GUI menu.

After restarting the system both Roon Server and Rock crashes after a couple of seconds. Please see the screenshot. Ik did reinstall rock several times but it seems to be crash all the time. I did also restart the entire nuclear several time. same result. Is this a ssd failure or system failure.

Untill restarting, the system worked fine. Last time I reported similar issues it was also after restarting the system.

Hi Dylan,

I had a closer look. The problem is not Roon Rock. That is running, but Roon Server is crashing all the time after a couple of seconds. If I reload the page over and over again then I notice that rock is running but Roon Server is crashing after 3-8 seconds.

In fact during writing, I am looking now again and suddenly Roon Server is running properly.

So it took roughly half an our that Roon Server is running properly again.

Thanks for the update, @Che!

I’ve enabled diagnostics and will be passing this information along to the team for investigation. I’ll be sure to update you as soon as I receive their feedback.

Hi @Che,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link?

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

I have made a log zipfile with my email address included in the name. Is there a mother way to upload the file. I don’t have a drop box account.

Thanks and regards

Hi @Che,

I’ve sent a PM with next steps.

Hi @Che,

We’ve recently released RoonOS (Build 186) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

Hi Noris,

update precessed fine. So the slow start up issues seems te be resolved. Thanks for the support!!

Keep up the good work, also in these uncertain times of the virus. Wish you and all the team good luck and stay healthy!

regards Che Hsin

3 Likes

Hi @Che,

That’s great news! You stay safe as well!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.