Intel 8i5 16 GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet connection

Connected Audio Devices

Dietpi endpoint, several Squeezebox radios, Chromecast Audio

Number of Tracks in Library

Approx 40000

Description of Issue

An update prompt is showing every time I enter the Roon app. When I update the core through the app or web interface the core hasn’t updated and is still on 2.0(1148). I’ve reinstalled the OS too and the problem still persists.

Hey @ragwo,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, are you still running into issues updating your ROCK core? If you head into Roon Settings>About what does your core information look like?

Are you able to access your ROCK webUI?

If you haven’t yet, please give our help article on installing/updating ROCK manually:

Thanks for the reply . I’m still having problems updating, I get an update prompt every time I open Roon. After updating and restarting nothing has happened.
I have no problem accessing the web UI.

Here’s a screenshot of the settings in Roon

Hey @ragwo,

Thanks for the additional information. Have you fully rebooted your ROCK yet? This involves powering down, and unplugging the device for a few minutes. Try that and let me know if the update is successful.

Outside of that, do you by chance have any recent backups? If yes, you can try to wipe the entire OS, reinstall and then restore.

A power down and unplugging the device did the trick. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.