Roon core on mac crashes at startup

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac OSX 10.9.5. Core won’t start, so not sure how to find build.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

n/a, core crashes

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

n/a

Description Of Issue

Roon fails to start: “Roon Quit Unexpectedly”
Crash report and zipped logs are available…

logs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14n5OnZ5ea1EssCJ_HulUyOQAkuGRG70b/view?usp=sharing

crash report

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k8BmCJ6Xc5gV17bUVkt9wkXZySSGjFBS/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for sending logs over, @Tony_Withers. I’ll get this to the team for analysis now!

Just to confirm, was this working okay for you prior to today or is this a new install?

Not a new installation.
I started roon last night (after a week of vacation) without apparent problem.
Today a notification of a release availability appeared, then roon quit and could not be restarted.
I tried removing all connected hardware and temporarily renaming the roon folder in library. Still crashed at startup.

Thanks, @Tony_Withers. The logs and crash report are with the team for analysis and I’ve scheduled a followup meeting with them later to discuss. I’ll be sure to reach out once I have their feedback.

Had something similar last night after the ‘update available’ message. I downloaded Roon from Roonlabs website and installed it. After that the update went well and Roon restarted well. Maybe something to try?

@ Jan_Willem Did you reinstall roon over an existing copy, and was the existing Roon music library preserved without having to start from scratch with importing files and setting preferences?

Yes I did. No problems with settings and existing library. (Hope you have a recent back-up in case anything goes wrong / if not, just wait for a reply from @Dylan)

Yes, I have a backup. It’s not as recent as I would like… but not too bad.

Hi @Tony_Withers,

I met with our development team to discuss this. It looks like there is an incompatibility with some of the new features we are using on Mac OS 10.9. The team is looking into options, but they also noted that we will likely need to be dropping support for this version in the near future to ensure that everything works properly as we have a very small number of Roon users on 10.9.

If you’re able to upgrade to at least Mac OS 10.10, that would be our recommendation to get this resolved quickly. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.