Roon core on MacOS (Ventura 13.0.1) hangs/stalls after a few days

Roon Core Machine

iMac M1, 8GB, Ventura 13.0.1

Networking Gear & Setup Details

iMac use WiFi connection to the router and connected audio devices.

Connected Audio Devices

WiFi connection to Lyngdorf TDAI3400, Bluesound Flex2i

Number of Tracks in Library

No local library

Description of Issue

Roon core hangs/stalls after a few days when opening the Roon app on iMac. Everything works fine until opening the Roon app. Experiences no problem using the iPhone app, but as soon as I open the Roon app on iMac hang/stalls. After restarting the Roon app on iMac everything works fine.

Hey @Bjorn_Syversen,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, are you still running into this issue? Does this occur if the app stays in the foreground on your iMac, or only when you minimize Roon?

If you use hotkeys to Hide (Cmd+H ) or Minimize (Cmd+M ) Roon, does the same issue occur?

As a next step, please take note of the date and time this happens next, and share that info here. I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Hi, still have the same problem. Have now changed my wifi router to Netgear ORBI85n. The problems occurs when I open the Mac app after it has been minimized. The roon core works fine as the music is playing and I can still use the Roon app and Roon Arc on my iPhone. So it seems that the problem is related to the Mac GUI.
Happened twice today, also just after a restart of the core/app. The Mac app is frozen, cannot be hidden or minimized.

Rgds
Bjorn

Hey @Bjorn_Syversen,

Thanks for the update. My initial question was, if you use hot keys to minimize beforehand, does Roon still freeze later on after bringing it back to the foreground VS clicking the minimize option on the window itself to minimize?

If you could provide specific timestamps around the time the issue occurs, that would be helpful :pray:

With that, let’s refresh your database to see if the issue continues:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

Hi, there can be many days between the app freeze so it is not that easy to recreate the problem. Will try to do a fresh install and use the Cmd +M to minimize.

Hi, opened the Roon app from minimzed now at 11:23am (CET) and it hangs. Roon reinstalled 4 days ago and the app was minimised using Cmd+M. The core iseems to work as I can connect using my iPhone Roon app. Some issues with running ARC.

Hey @Bjorn_Syversen,

Thanks for sharing that info! We weren’t able to find any errors specifically around this hang, when you close Roon after it hangs, do you get an apple system crash report? If so, can you please upload it here?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.