Roon Core seen twice by my devices while only 1 Roon Core is running

Roon Core Machine

Nom de l’appareil Megapat
Processeur AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Mémoire RAM installée 32,0 Go
Type du système Système d’exploitation 64 bits, processeur x64
Édition Windows 10 Professionnel
Version 21H1
Installé le ‎03/‎01/‎2021
Build du système d’exploitation 19043.1415
Expérience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Apple iPhone 12
FriendlyARM NanoPI + Armbian + Roon bridge for ARM
Windows 10 PC with Roon

Number of Tracks in Library

30000 Tracks

Description of Issue

Since the last upgrade (880) everywhere on my Core and devices:

  • I restarted the Core from ground with a blank database since all my databases backups are broken (I’m concerned by this issue as others)
  • Only Roon app installed on the Core PC (Win10) is launched quickly and correctly
  • All my devices sees the RoonCore twice (see attached picture)
  • The IOS Roon app is launched and is closed after few seconds => Unusable
  • If I rename the server from Roon app on Roon Core server, one of both “Dietpi-Megapat” is updated as well
  • The name of my Roon Core server is “Megapat” and “Dietpi-Megapat” is an old old name I had when Roon Core was installed on a Linux Dietpi PC (almost the same PC Ryzen machine with less RAM and a lower Ryzen CPU)

This unstability of the Mobile Roon App on my devices is something I observed since 2 or 3 months ago.

Roon bridge on my ARM endpoint is working well without any issue since a while.

On a maybe unrelated note, It appears you are using IPv6 only to connect. Is IPv4 not an available option?
It may be complicating your issue.

IPv6 is (now) deactivated on the Roon Core.
The IPv6 field appears only, and continue to appear, only from the Roon app on my iPhone 12.
No IPv6 from antoher Win 10 PC client with Roon (not the server) as shown on the image below.
Roon Core continues to appears twice.

I believed I’ve found what happened. With the database corruption issue I installed Roon on my Windows Server, for convenience, to controll my library when I’m connected to the Core server.
The point is, all my Roon App devices was not able to connect to the Roon Server, while once Roon (GUI version) installed, the problem disapeared (with a blank database of course).
With all of that I didn’t realize that I had twice Roon server instances running in same time.
The problem seems solved, I uninstalled Roon (GUI version) and re-installed only Roon server.
Besides that I installed the new build 882 that seems to fix the database corruption issue !!!
Thanks :pray:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.