Roon Core terminating

Environment: MediaPC built by myself dedicated for music running Roon Core: Asus M5A99FX_PRO_R2 motherboard, AMD 6 core processor, Samsung EVO 850 512GB SSD, AMD HD5670 gfx, Windows 10.

Symptom: Roon Core terminates during No play/inactivity from Roon remote client not responding to new request.
Never occurs during requests or when playing/active from client, frequently occuring during pauses i.e. no commands from client and not playing. Same behaviour with Win 8.1.

Roon Core seems to shutdown itself or misinterpretating command from remote client, seems to only happen after some time of inactivity and then command from remote client to start playing something. Has frequently occured in my setup, not sure how I can reproduce it. Well, I can reproduce it sort of, stop playing music, MediaPC with Roon Core started left overnight without any music playing, in the morning Roon Core has terminated. Does not disturb much since I’m really happy with Roon and has a background with IT since Intel released the 8086 CPU (go figure when …).

All Windows 10 energy savings has been set to never sleep/shutdown.

Fix: Restart Roon Core.

Hey @LarsS – sorry for the trouble. I’m wondering if something is causing you to crash here, so I’d like to grab some more info from you and we’ll figure out the issue.

Stand by – I’m going to send you some more info via PM.

Hi Mike,
Log-files now uploaded.
what version of Roon you are running (Settings > About) Version 1.0 (Build 30)
What operating system you are running (Windows 7; OSX 10.9; etc) Windows 10 Home
Whatever
you know about the device you’re using MediaPC built by myself
dedicated for music running Roon Core: Asus M5A99FX_PRO_R2 motherboard,
AMD 6 core processor, 8GB, Samsung EVO 850 512GB SSD, AMD HD5670 gfx.Roon Core was running overnight on MediaPC, when starting Roon Client from Dell XPS 10

Win 10 Roon Core terminated.
Thanks for your support.

/Vänliga Hälsningar

Lars Strömberg