Roon Core Vanished

I’ve been using Roon on an Innuos Zenith mk3 for some weeks. It has worked fine controlled either from an Android app or Win10 laptop.
Suddenly my Android device and laptop are unable to connect to the Roon core as if the core is not there on my network. The Zenith is definitely on the network as I can operate it from the Innuos app and laptop but Roon will not show itself.
I’m tempted to do a factory reset on the Innuos but fear that I might have to buy another Roon licence to reinstall it.
How can I get Roon to reappear please?
Thanks in anticipation. Andy Chapman. UK.

Whilst I know little about the Zenith, other than Roon does not support them (see below), your licence is independent of the hardware and may be used on another core (or the same when reinstalling.)

However, as a first step, have you tried restarting everything including your home network?

Thanks Martin.
I hadn’t restarted the router because the Innuos itself communicates without any difficulty at all. So I know that the network is working as it should. However, I have now also restarted the router but Roon still won’t come back to life.
Your point about setting up another core sounds good but, in order to do that, I have to sign out of Roon on the Innuos - but I can’t get access to it to sign out. Oh dear!

My next step is to factory reset the Innuos which I assume will restart with initial settings and no Roon installed. I don’t know if that will log me out of Roon or cause a problem with me apparently having a licence in use when I’ve just deleted the Roon software. (I have a lifetime Roon licence btw).
Any thoughts?
Andy

I forgot to add that I’m feeding a Bel Canto e.OneStream end point with the ethernet from the Innuos. So the Innuos is only acting as a Roon core processor, not an end point.
Andy

Don’t worry about that; if you’re signed in to another core, it can be de-authorized.

When you setup the other core and try to log into IT, Roon will ask you to deauthorize the previous core.

Thanks Martin.
I’ll give it a go.
Andy

1 Like

Thanks Dan.
I’ll give it a go.
Andy

I’m up and running again on the Innuos.
Sincere thanks for your help.

The process also found a solution to another problem. I’d found that the first half second of tracks were not being played. I’d previously set up the Innuos to be grouped to play into two audio devices: one a Bel Canto Streamer via ethernet, the other a Bel Canto DAC 2.7 via USB. As I set up the Innuos core again, I did not group the audio devices at first; the result was that the start of playback worked fine. When I grouped them, back came the delayed start.

So thanks again for curing two problems.
Andy

1 Like