Roon core won't open, logo just does its thing endlessy

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dell XPS 8940
Intel(R) Core™ i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Windows 10 Home 19042.867
Intel UHD Graphics 630 Driver:27.20.100.9127
NVIDIA geoForce RTX 2060 Driver: 27.21.14.6589
Roon is the latest one downloaded yesterday

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wi Fi connected via Archer AX1800

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

For the core: NVIDIA high definition audio driver:1.3.38.40

Description Of Issue

Changed my core to new PC yesterday. Worked OK. restarted and it hung. Uninstalled and it worked. Restarted today and it hangs again.

Log file here:
https://we.tl/t-gEsV2pSIpJ

Thanks!
@support

Turn your windows firewall off and try again.

Ok, tried that.Same thing happening.

Oh well thought it may have been a firewall issue, have you got a VPN or any other software running that could be blocking ports?

04/12 14:13:57 Warn: [multicastreceiver] couldn’t bind to iface 192.168.1.27: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
04/12 14:13:57 Warn: [multicastreceiver] couldn’t bind to iface 127.0.0.1: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

No VPN. Nothing I can think I. It worked fine yesterday…

Well I’m a network engineer so I look for network problems, hopefully support will be along soon.

Thanks for the suggestions. Have had it working perfectly for years on an old Alienware laptop… until this major reIease, but the Alienware has all but died so moved to a Dell laptop last week and now on my tower and it’s been a nightmare…

Any ideas @support ? This is quite tedious not being able to enjoy my music…

Hey @Dominic_Pilgrim,

Thanks so much for posting in the #support category and for tagging us. It is taking us longer than we’d hoped to get back to everyone - sorry about the delay :pleading_face:

I appreciate you sharing some context and already trying out the suggestions our subscribers have made. One thing it doesn’t seem you’ve tried is manually updating the graphics drivers directly from the manufacturer’s site. Could you please:
*uninstall your Intel and NVIDIA drivers
*restart your PC
*download them from the manufacturer’s site and install them
*reinstall Roon

Thanks in advance :pray:

HI, no worries… I have now managed to get it working in the meantime!

So, i discovered that Nero had installed a nasty program called WiFi + Transfer.

Going on Chris’s idea that it was a networking thing, i removed it. And hey presto, it started up immediately.

I assume this was the problem. Thanks for the suggestions Rebeka. All good now…

2 Likes

Hey @Dominic_Pilgrim,

Thanks so much for sharing the great news! I’m delighted it’s all back as it should be. I’m so glad you continued to put effort into this and get it working :partying_face:

Enjoy music + Roon. Finally!

1 Like