Roon crash after about 15 minutes - restart and it repeats

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Latest Windows 10, latest Roon 1.6 build 416 64bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet 1Gbps Displaylink d3100 AND also see the same thing on wifi Qualcomm Atheros Communications Killer wireless-n/a/ac 1535 Wireless network adapter

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

audio port on computer

Description Of Issue

Roon will play for 15-45 minutes and then get a “Roon has stopped working” dialog. The music continues to play, but I cannot access the interface and when I click on the “Close Program” button on the popup. It closes down Roon. This is happening every time

Hi @Brent_Litzer,

Apologies for the trouble here!

Is this device your Core machine or is it just a remote device? If it’s a remote, does similar behavior occur with other remotes?

Do you see any errors related to Roon in Event Viewer?

The next time this behavior occurs, please note that time and respond here with that time and the timestamp. I’ll enable diagnostics on your account so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

This is on a remote laptop - not the core. I do not see this on other computers. I am using an external display hub to power 3 monitors. It appears that Roon is not playing nicely with this. Technically, my computer is NOT using the NVIDIA drivers when using the external Displaylink d3100 to power the external monitors. - But Roon is trying to use those drivers.

Here is the error I see in the event viewer:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The description for Event ID 1 from source NVIDIA OpenGL Driver cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Unable to communicate with the display driver. The application must close.

Error code: 2
(pid=14428 tid=18664 roon.exe 64bit)

Visit http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html for more information.

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Hi @Brent_Litzer,

Thanks for the info here. Can you confirm that all graphics drivers are up to date here?

When not using the Displaylink do things work as expected?

All graphic drivers are up to date. This does not happen when not attached to the displaylink. Unfortunately, I am always connected to the displaylink. Roon loses all of it’s value if I can’t use this setup.

Hi @Brent_Litzer,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.