Roon crash loop here as well

Did anything change in the latest QNAP qpkg install? The only thing I can come up with is I updated that pkg (not Roon itself) this month as it had a new release in July. I don’t know for sure if I had tried adding any other albums after the pkg upgrade, but the application was running fine after the upgrade.

I also moved that album to the other folder…

@dylan - Good afternoon. Any updates?

Hi @Steve_Chisholm,

I met with the team to discuss their ongoing investigation here. The team has some theories about what is occurring here, but they’re hoping to gather some additional data so we can be sure about our next steps here. Please see the following steps:

• Reproduce this issue by turning HiRes folder back on
  • Make a note of the time that the crashing starts occurring
  • Respond here with the time and the logs files

To send logs, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

@dylan - Good afternoon. The timing is easy. Almost immediately after enabling the HiRes folder it will start bouncing the app. I’ll reply here in just a few minutes with the time and when I upload the logs.

Steve

@dylan - Did Anything change on your side? I’ve had the app shutdown since our last conversation and no changes to those folders. It stayed up for almost 5 minutes this time. Usually it is immediate. App start 3:26PM CST, App crash 3:31PM CST. App came back up @ 3:31 CST and crashed right before 3:32 CST (as usual). I’ll reply here once more when I’ve uploaded the logs.

Thanks

Steve

@dylan - Sent you a message with a link. My dropbox is full. Let me know if it doesn’t work for you.

@support - Any updates on this?

@support and @dylan - I may have fixed this, and assume identified a bug in the process (if not expected behavior). My main library has been up and running for about 15 minutes now and looks to have imported everything as expected (including the files identified earlier as possible suspect). One thing I noticed while browsing that directory (HiRes Music) via SMB, was that my mac was having a field day with trying to browse through 2 folders named the same, but with different case spelling. Obviously this is isn’t a problem for the NAS (EXT4 filesystem) and shouldn’t be for the mac (case sensitive APFS file system in use), but it was acting squirrelly so I combined the directory. After going through a couple more folders like that, Roon stopped bouncing. I have a feeling that it was the 3Teeth folder (also spelled 3TEETH) that was hanging Roon up as it included a new album. I’ve never had an issue with this before, so not sure if something changed or Roon just really didn’t like this folder. Anyways, I’m going to continue to monitor and will let you know if acts up again.

Hello @Steve_Chisholm,

Thanks for letting us know, I have added your findings as a note to the case and we are investigating this aspect. Please let us know if things still remain stable following those changes. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.