Roon crash on iPhone XS

I am having the exact same issue on the exact same iOS version (using an iPhone XS).

1 Like

Hi @Anthro,

Is there any change after reinstalling the app or rebooting your phone?

After reinstalling there are no changes. After rebooting the problem is temporarily solved. Usually the next day it starts crashing again.

Thanks, @Anthro.

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

It just happened now. 22:42 European time +1 Amsterdam.

Excatly same here, closing the phone resolves it for a while and back to closing in 5-10 second depending on the mood of the crash!!

Hi @Anthro,

Thanks for the timestamps, I’ve enabled diagnostics and I’ll get the diagnostics report over to the technical team for their ongoing investigation. I’ll be sure to reach out when we have more information.

Thanks @dylan.

I am experiencing these crashes again as well every now and then.

Hi @Anthro,

Our team is continuing to look into this.

Have you noticed any patterns when this occurs? Anything specific that seems to trigger this behavior?

Is there anything that typically helps resolve the issue temporarily?

No, to be quite honest I have not. It’s very difficult to reproduce. It just happens…

Only a Phone reboot helps to resolve the issue for an certain amount of time. This can be days, hours or minutes. It’s a very vague bug and not easy to reproduce.

Thanks for the info, @Anthro. As mentioned, our team is continuing to investigate this and we are meeting again later this week to discuss our next steps. From the data we’ve gathered so far this issue appears to be vary in severity for those affected, and appears to have many environmental factors at play as we have not been able to reproduce in-house. We’ll be sure to update everyone as soon as we have more information, but in the meantime please do let us know if you notice any patterns.

Will do Dylan!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.