Roon crash when no music is playing and no iTunes Playlists

Roon Core Machine

MacMini (late 2014), 2.8 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 8GB DDR3 Ram, MacOS Monterey 12.3.1

Roon 1.8 (build 936)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router: Swisscom

Switches:
English Elecric 8Switch (connected direct to Router, Audio , Homecinema), Netgear ProSave 16 Gibabit Switch (connected direct to Router, other components, rest of the cheap Audio), Zyxel GS1200 5 (Spliter for Network for 2 Rooms)

Almost any important component connected with Patch Cable. Wifi for control the Music

Connected Audio Devices

Allo UsBrithch signature over Lan USB Out, Topping D30 DAC, AVR Marantz SR7013

Allo UsBrithch signature over Lan USB Out, Chord Qutest DAV, Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC/Pre, Elac Air-X403 aktiv Monitor

Chord

2 HifiBerry. Sonos Play 1, Allo DigiOne Signature, Auralic mini

Number of Tracks in Library

53000 Tracks

Description of Issue

Hi

Hope somebody can help me out whit these problems. I tried by myself whit surge in the net and forum, but i don’t find a solution.

Sorry my bad English, hope you can understand.

Problem 1 Roon crash

Roon crashes in the last month after 10-30min wen does not use. Then I get a Report and I have to start roon again (see foto).

I updatet the Mac OS, newest Roon Version, Reinstall Roon whit no solution

Problem 2 import iTunes Playlist

The Original Music library stored on external Drive on my MacBook pro. Then I make a copy to a external drive that’s connected to the MacMini (Roon Core).

I export the xml File from iTunes to the external HD and start a new indexing.

I finde out that the original xml file name was not found by roon. I renamed to “iTunes library.XML”

Bevor this function. Know Roon don’t see any Playlist from iTunes.

Hope somebody can help my out. Its horrible without my playlist.

Thanx

Philipp

Hey @Philipp_Schori, it’s great to see you!

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

I’m sorry to hear that you were having issues with Roon crashing, as well as troubles locating your iTunes XML file. Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know.

For your first issue with Roon crashing, can you please update to the latest Roon build (952) and check to see if you still experience crashing?

For your second issue dealing with your iTunes XML file, can you follow the steps included in this help article and see if you’re able to locate the XML file? We’ve found that creating another XML sheet and naming it library.XML can oftentimes help too.

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.