Roon crashes after 15 minutes on MacBook OSX

Roon Core Machine

MacBook Pro 2018 2.6GHz 6-Core i7 16GB
OSX 12.2.1

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1GB Ethernet wired

Connected Audio Devices

currently just using the MacBook but I also have a Ethernet wired Marantz SACD30n

Number of Tracks in Library

around 12000 tracks

Description of Issue

I am still in my evaluation period. Roon crashes after 15minutes every time making it pretty much useless. I tried another iMac in my house with the same result. I tried this now for 1 week changing anything I can imagine in my network but to no success except for a short spell of 1 day without a crash. This is very frustrating.

As I got no messages from my MacBook, I started Roon under Terminal and I got amongst others the following lines:

ERROR - unexpected exception renewing subscription: XmlError from OpenHome/Net/XmlParser.cpp:102
Unhandled exception AssertionFailed at OpenHome/Net/ControlPoint/CpiSubscription.cpp:328 in thread Subscriber 1

How can this be as I still have 7 days left on my trial???
Thanks,
atx

My trial ends soon but no reply from Roon.
I have the newest version installed but nothing changed. I guess nobody cares…
atx

1 Like

Flagging @support.

I’m spitballing here, but OpenHome is another audio streaming protocol that is open sourced. I am not sure if it is connected to, or has anything to do with, Roon. Do you have any other audio streaming or audio applications running on your Mac?

Hi @atx,

Thank you for getting in touch with your issue and welcome to our Roon Community. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I’m happy to help with this and extend your trial while we work on a solution.

Can you tell me what endpoint you’re using when this happens? I notice an OWC multihub connected to your Mac. Are you playing to a device connected to that? We’ve had other customers report having similar problems with one of those in the signal chain.

I’ll be watching for your reply and get back to you as quickly as I can. Thanks!

I’m not sure what you mean by endpoint but this is on a simple home network on which a Marantz sacd30n is coupled either wirelessly or via Ethernet and my MacBook or an iMac are coupled with the router via Ethernet. The router is from AT&T.

atx

Forgot to mention there are two Ethernet switches involved at certain points in the network. I took everything involved with streaming off the wireless to rule out any problems there. I managed to run Roon now somewhat stable on the MacBook. I will leave it on over night to see whether it stays on. I also have an iMac on which it still crashes. My trial ends however in two days and I spent all my time in fixing this. So I would take you up on you offer if it now runs stable.
atx

And there it goes again… forgot to run it under Terminal, so no message this time. I’ll try again…

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.