Roon crashes on MacOS 10.14 Mojave beta

Hi,

Just upgraded to Mojave Beta 3 (Beta 2 and earlier were non-starters for me). SO far the only application I am having trouble with is Roon, which crashes immediately when run. I’v tried deleting the app, rebooting, downloading a fresh installer, and reinstalling, but that did not help.

I’ve got a copy of the stack trace from the application crash and can provide logs, etc as needed.

Stu

Hello @Stu_Farnham,

We have not yet updated Roon to support MacOS Mojave. Stay tuned for official support closer to the official release date of Mojave.

Head to System Preferences > Security & Privacy, Privacy Tab, then scroll to the Accessibility list. Here, click the plus button and add Roon.app to the allowed list. You may need to click the lock in the lower left corner to allow changes to this screen.

If you already see Roon in this list, highlight it and click the ‘-’ button to get rid of this existing entry. Then click the ‘+’ button and add Roon.app to the list again.

-John

4 Likes

Thanks, John. I wasn’t expecting a supported version, just perhaps a tip from someone who had managed to get it to work.

Roon is already in the accessibility list.

Thanks.

Hello @Stu_Farnham,

Try removing Roon from the list with the ‘-’ button, and then re-adding it.

-John

I’m not the OP, but this (i.e., removing the Roon entry and adding it back) worked for me with the latest Mojave + Roon Build 333.

Yes, after updating, Roon wouldn’t launch, but removing and adding worked.

i have the same problem with mojave but only with the new release from to day. Build 333
The old build 323 works fine.

Today’s Roon update is broken on Mojave Beta-3 for me, Prior to today’s update it worked 90% of the time, now it crashes on startup.

Same for me with Mojave Beta and Build 333. I totally accept that its my problem. : )
But, is there a way to rollback to build 323? that was flakey, but worked at least 80% of the time.

Hello @Remo_Frei1, @Mike_Ormerod, @Gregory_Bramhall,

We have not yet updated Roon to support MacOS Mojave. Stay tuned for official support closer to the official release date of Mojave.

I moved your posts to this thread to consolidate the reports on using MacOS Mojave with Roon. We have some users reporting success with the following steps.

Head to System Preferences > Security & Privacy, Privacy Tab, then scroll to the Accessibility list. Here, click the plus button and add Roon.app to the allowed list. You may need to click the lock in the lower left corner to allow changes to this screen.

If you already see Roon in this list, highlight it and click the ‘-’ button to get rid of this existing entry. Then click the ‘+’ button and add Roon.app to the list again.

-John

2 Likes

Thanks @john.

I already had the setting enabled from the first Mojave Beta. Un-selecting and then re-selecting again following this latest Roon update seems to have fixed the initial crash on Mojave B3.

And yes I fully accept I’m living on the edge and stuff can break and have no expectations until Mojave is released, so I appreciate the reply.

Thanks! Worked for me. Roon was on the list. I removed and RE-added. So far so good.
Appreciate quick response to a self inflicted wound.

This is not completely unexpected as Mojave 10.14 is Beta software however Roon 1.5 (323) was running on my laptop and today when I upgraded to 1.5 (333) I had a hard time making it happen and after I did I was unable to get Roon to start. It just crashes. This is not my core machine. It’s just a laptop I use for playing around with hence the running of the Beta so I am not super concerned. Has anyone else gotten the new build to run on Mojave? Is there a way to go back to 1.5 (323)?

Hey @John_Aiello,

I moved your post over to this support thread. Please see @john’s suggestion above!

This whole thread is about people who have gotten it to run in Mojave - see the last several posts.

1 Like

Just saw this. Thanks. Working on this now. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip on how to get Roon working on Mojave. By the way my Sonos app would not work either and the same tip got Sonos working as well. I love this community. Everyone helps each other.

1 Like

Now Roon works very good Thank you for this very good answere.
Re-addes
Remo

1 Like

That has worked for me since 1st dev beta and still works.

Removing and re-adding Roon in the Accessibility tab works for me.